List of UAB TAH Asset Managers
Winter 2018 Maintenance Complete
The HPC 2018 Winter Maintenance has been Completed.
Click here for more information
In order to download or activate a MATLAB installation you must have the appropriate rights activated in your account at the Mathworks site. Please contact an appropriate asset manager for your area. If you are an asset manager and you name is not shown below, please add your name to the list.
Please see the MATLAB application page for more information and a general overview of MATLAB and its use at UAB.
MATLAB Asset Managers
- Chemistry and CIS: Larry Owen; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physics: David L. Shealy, Ph.D., email@example.com
- Psychology: Rishi Deshpande; firstname.lastname@example.org ; Aeron Gault; email@example.com
School of Engineering
- Thomas P Foley, firstname.lastname@example.org and Mike Hanby, email@example.com
IT Customer Services
- David C. Yother, firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Medicine
- Department of Neurobiology: Kristina M Visscher,Ph.D., email@example.com ; Tom Bowman, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
- Department of Neurology: He Huang; email@example.com , David Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Pathology, Division of Infomatics, Egiebade Iriabho, email@example.com. System Analyst who will handle activating MATLAB users in Jonas Almeida's lab
School of Optometry, Vision Science
- Mark Bolding, firstname.lastname@example.org , Alexander A Zotov, email@example.com
IT Research Computing
- Thomas Anthony, firstname.lastname@example.org
For users in other areas of UAB, contact your IT support person, Dr. David Shealy (email@example.com) or Thomas Anthony, firstname.lastname@example.org
For issues with the asset managers and questions about license administration, please contact Dr. David Shealy (email@example.com) the MatLab license administrator for UAB.
MATLAB Support / Mailing List
As with any application or computer language, learning to use MATLAB to analyze data or to develop or modify MATLAB applications is an individual responsibility. There is ample application documentation available from the Mathworks website, potential outreach to colleagues who also use MATLAB, and options for consultation with Mathworks. Mathworks also host on-campus training seminars several times a year and provides many on-line learning tutorials.
Installation support for MATLAB at UAB is provided by your local IT support organization and the Docs wiki.
Your first and best option for application-specific questions on MATLAB is to refer to the on-line MATLAB documentation. The Mathworks site also provides a a support matrix and an on-line knowledge base.
UAB MATLAB Wiki
The MATLAB page on the Docs wiki is the starting point for installing MATLAB at UAB and, optionally, configuring it to use cluster computing. All users are encouraged to contribute to the MATLAB knowledge in this wiki, especially if you see areas where improvements are needed. Remember, this knowledge base is only as good as the people who contribute to it.
Contributing to the wiki is as easy as clicking the login link on the top-right of the page and signing in with your UAB BlazerID. If you are unsure about making an edit, you can make suggestions for improvement on the page's Discussion tab or discuss the proposed improvement in the MATLAB user group.
UAB MATLAB User Group
At UAB, MATLAB installation support is provided by your local IT support group. Support for application specific questions is available from peers in your research group. We realize that some people are not as familiar with MATLAB as others. For this reason, we have established a MATLAB user forum (mailing list) where users of MATLAB at UAB can help answer each others questions.
This is a network of volunteers sharing their knowledge with peers. You are encouraged to reach out to this community for questions on using MATLAB by
- Joining the MATLAB user group - alternately send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following text in the body of the email subscribe matlab-user
- After joining the group, you can email questions to the group via email@example.com
UAB MATLAB announce mailing list
To receive information about UAB's MATLAB license and announcements please subscribe to the matlab-annc mailing list by