Matlab site license ad hoc working group
The MATLAB site license working group organized the acquisition of the UAB TAH license.
The working group includes the following members:
- David Shealy
- Professor & Chair, Department of Physics 
- Director of Research Computing Support, IT/Infrastructure 
- Paul Gamlin
- Chair, Department of Vision Sciences
- Director, UAB Center for the Development of Functional Imaging
- Thomas P Foley
- Director of Information Technology
- UAB School of Engineering
- Fran Fabrizio
- Director of Information Systems
- UAB College of Arts and Sciences
- Kristina M Visscher
- Assistant Professor
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Neurobiology Department
- Mark Bolding 
- Graduate Student
- UAB Vision Sciences
Please see the MATLAB application page for more information and a general overview of MATLAB and its use at UAB.
MATLAB Support / Mailing List
As with any application or computer language, learning to use MATLAB to analyze data or to develop or modify MATLAB applications is an individual responsibility. There is ample application documentation available from the Mathworks website, potential outreach to colleagues who also use MATLAB, and options for consultation with Mathworks. Mathworks also host on-campus training seminars several times a year and provides many on-line learning tutorials.
Installation support for MATLAB at UAB is provided by your local IT support organization and the Docs wiki.
Your first and best option for application-specific questions on MATLAB is to refer to the on-line MATLAB documentation. The Mathworks site also provides a a support matrix and an on-line knowledge base.
UAB MATLAB Wiki
The MATLAB page on the Docs wiki is the starting point for installing MATLAB at UAB and, optionally, configuring it to use cluster computing. All users are encouraged to contribute to the MATLAB knowledge in this wiki, especially if you see areas where improvements are needed. Remember, this knowledge base is only as good as the people who contribute to it.
Contributing to the wiki is as easy as clicking the login link on the top-right of the page and signing in with your UAB BlazerID. If you are unsure about making an edit, you can make suggestions for improvement on the page's Discussion tab or discuss the proposed improvement in the MATLAB user group.
UAB MATLAB User Group
At UAB, MATLAB installation support is provided by your local IT support group. Support for application specific questions is available from peers in your research group. We realize that some people are not as familiar with MATLAB as others. For this reason, we have established a MATLAB user forum (mailing list) where users of MATLAB at UAB can help answer each others questions.
This is a network of volunteers sharing their knowledge with peers. You are encouraged to reach out to this community for questions on using MATLAB by
- Joining the MATLAB user group - alternately send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following text in the body of the email subscribe matlab-user
- After joining the group, you can email questions to the group via email@example.com