The grid part of the bootcamp is estimated at 45 minutes broken in roughly 3 sections.
- Describing UABgrid
- Why use grid technology and/or why is it's needed
- An overview of the UABgrid Architecture: a basic description of the grid head node, storage node, and compute nodes.
- Using UABgrid
- Get you UABgrid Credentials
- SSH to head node
- Basic Commands
- gwhost, gwps, gwkill, gwhistory, grid-proxy-init, grid-proxy-info, gwlog (ghost, gps, gkill, ghistory, ginit, ginfo, glog?)
- Example jobs
- Basic job submit
- Job Arrays
- Job Batches
- Highlight Advanced Tools and Future Plans
This section is on the morning and early afternoon of the 2nd Day of the Fall 2007 HPC BootCamp, Tuesday, September 11, 2007.
UPDATE: Day 2 will be held in the Penthouse of the Administration Building (13th floor) from 9:00am to 2:30pm.
The section should focus on early adopters and system administrators.
|9:00 - 9:20||Coffee, refreshments, mingle|
|9:20 - 9:30||Welcome & Opening Remarks|
|9:30 - 10:00|| UABgrid Architecture: Infrastructure and Resources
grid interfaces, compute resources, 10GigE research network, collaboration tools
|10:00 - 11:00|| Adding resources to UABgrid
How to set up Globus, certificates, firewall, job env, account provisioning (account & grid mapfile)
|11:00 - 12:00|| Running Jobs on UABgrid
Using the meta-scheduler, staging data, incorporating local resources (similar to Day 1 user overview)
|12:00 - 1:00||Lunch - selected box lunches will be provided to enable informal discussion in Penthouse|
|1:00 - 1:45|| Collaboration Infrastructure
Virtual Organizations and Tools (groups mgmt, wikis, blogs, content mgmt, project tracking, file sharing)
|1:45 - 2:00||Roadmap and Goals|
|2:00 - 2:30||Wrap-up|