Visual Brain Core Mission
Our mission is to help produce high quality, cutting edge research examining the visual brain. To achieve this, we will help investigators overcome some common barriers to performing high quality vision research, and provide forums to discuss new ideas and research techniques.
Information For Visual Brain Core
Visual Brain Core Personnel and Office Hours
- Demet Gurler, PhD: Consultation on experimental design and data analysis issues.
- Ravi Tripathi, MS: Computer Systems Specialist. Consultation on high performance computing and algorithm issues.
- Office Hours: Tuesday, 2:00 -5:00 pm, Thursday, 9:00 am-12:00 pm, Civitan International Research Center, Room 235C
Visual Brain Core Seminar Series
Every first Friday, 3:30 PM in CIRC 120. We will discuss new ideas and techniques in brain imaging.
For Use in Grant Proposals:
The Visual Brain Core must be eventually supported by users. For this reason, we ask that you include use of the Visual Brain Core resources in the budget of your upcoming grants. Quotations from previous proposals are provided in this link.
VBC Mailing List:
To subscribe to the VBC mailing list, click here (and send the email without any changes).
Neuroimaging at UAB
UAB Neuroimaging Facilities
Equipment for collecting behavioral data during Neuroimaging
Neuroimaging and Systems Neuroscience Labs at UAB
(UAB folks, please let us know if your lab should be included on this list!)
Cluster Computing Environment at UAB: Cheaha
- Cheaha_GettingStarted - information on getting an account and learning about how to use the cluster
- Cheaha - background information on the cluster useful for grants and publications
UAB-Auburn University Collaboration for Neuroimaging
UAB & Auburn Neuroimaging Journal Club
- Neuroimaging journal Club. Every other Friday at noon, second floor CIRC. Contact Adrienne Lahti to get on the mailing list alahti at uab.edu