(→Cluster Computing Environment at UAB: Cheaha: Add links on getting started and more descriptive text)
(→fMRI related how-to's and important links)
|Line 115:||Line 115:|
Revision as of 10:57, 29 January 2015
Visual Brain Core Mission
Our mission is to help produce high quality, cutting edge research examining the visual brain. To achieve this, we will help investigators overcome some common barriers to performing high quality vision research, and provide forums to discuss new ideas and research techniques.
Information For Visual Brain Core
For Use in Grant Proposals:
Visual Brain Core Personnel and Office Hours
- Demet Gurler, PhD: Consultation on experimental design and data analysis issues.
- Office Hours: Tuesday, 2:00 -5:00 pm, Thursday, 9:00 am-12:00 pm, Civitan International Research Center, Room 235C
We are hiring a Computer Systems Specialist, in conjunction with Research computing.
Visual Brain Core Seminar Series
Every third Friday, 3:30 PM in CIRC 120. We will discuss new ideas and techniques in brain imaging. List of speakers in Visual Brain Core Seminar Series
Nov 21, 2014: "White Matter in the Older Brain is More Plastic than in the Younger Brain" Speaker: Yuka Sasaki, PhD, Department of Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences, Brown University.
Jan 9, 2014 : "UAB Research Computing Resources for Neuroimaging Research" Speakers: John-Paul Robinson, Mike Hanby, Thomas Anthony
Feb 6, 2015: "High Gradient Diffusion MRI from the Human Connectome Project" Speaker: Koene Van Dijk, PhD, Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School.
March 6, 2015: TBA
April 3, 2015: Title: TBA, Speaker: Donald McLaren, PhD, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School.
Links to info about certain most used protocols and software downloads and mailing lists for different software.
Neuroimaging at UAB
UAB Neuroimaging Facilities
Equipment for collecting behavioral data during Neuroimaging
Neuroimaging and Systems Neuroscience Labs at UAB
Cluster Computing Environment at UAB: Cheaha
- Cheaha_GettingStarted - information on getting an account and learning about how to use the cluster
- Cheaha - background information on the cluster useful for grants and publications
UAB-Auburn University Collaboration for Neuroimaging
UAB & Auburn Neuroimaging Journal Club
- Neuroimaging journal Club. Every other Friday at noon, second floor CIRC. Contact Adrienne Lahti to get on the mailing list email@example.com