UAB TAH license
University of Alabama at Birmingham Mathworks Total Academic Headcount License
UAB has acquired a university wide site license for MATLAB and Simulink software. With the exception of the distributed computing server, this license will include all Mathworks Inc. products currently used at UAB. In addition, there will be several new toolboxes and blocksets included in the license. The new Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license will make it easier for everyone in the UAB community to use MATLAB and other Mathworks products. Specifically, it will enable use of MATLAB on university owned machines for all faculty, staff and students. Faculty and staff will also be entitled to install the software on personally owned computers. The TAH allows both unlimited use of MATLAB in both teaching and research activities, but only full time faculty and staff can install full collection of MATLAB and any of the 42 toolboxes and block-sets on their computers for UAB work. Students can use Mathworks software on UAB computers on campus. UAB will be first university in Alabama to implement a TAH license.
- Key Features
- Covers non-commercial work of all staff and students at degree-granting institutes
- Allows faculty and researchers access on and off campus
- Provides MathWorks products to all disciplines and through all levels of study, beginning first year
- UAB TAH Asset Managers
- CAS: Fran Fabrizio, email@example.com and Ken Neilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAS, Physics: David L. Shealy, Ph.D., email@example.com
- Engineering: Thomas P Foley, firstname.lastname@example.org and Mike Hanby, email@example.com
- IT Research Computing: Mike Hanby, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: Kristina M Visscher,Ph.D., email@example.com and Mark Bolding, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optometry, Vision Science: Paul D Gamlin, Ph.D., email@example.com
- list of Products Covered by UAB TAH License
- 2011 UAB MATLAB site license software
- other resources
- mathworks TAH admin guide  This is a comprehensive document covering many aspects of the license in depth.
- description of all Mathworks products 
- How to ...
- UAB Matlab site license install instructions for standalone computers
- UAB Matlab network concurrent license server install instructions
- Getting started with MATLAB and Simulink