Please use the new documentation url https://docs.rc.uab.edu/ for all Research Computing documentation needs.
As a result of this move, we have deprecated use of this wiki for documentation. We are providing read-only access to the content to facilitate migration of bookmarks and to serve as an historical record. All content updates should be made at the new documentation site. The original wiki will not receive further updates.
The Research Computing Team
Welcome to the research notebook wiki hosted by UAB IT Research Computing.
This site provides an online commons to discuss academic research and academic writing at UAB. It is the sister website for the Research Notebook blog
- If all the trees in all the woods were men;
- And each and every blade of grass a pen;
- If every leaf on every shrub and tree
- Turned to a sheet of foolscap; every sea
- Were changed to ink, and all earth’s living tribes
- Had nothing else to do but act as scribes,
- And for ten thousand ages, day and night,
- The human race should write, and write, and write,
- Till all the pens and paper were used up,
- And the huge inkstand was an empty cup,
- Still would the scribblers clustered round its brink
- Call for more pens, more paper, and more ink.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes
This site is the product of furious procrastination at a level that few can attain!
- academic writing FAQ
- frequently asked questions about academic writing from GRD courses here at UAB
- academic writing templates
- templates to help break through writer's block
- reference manager software
- what tools are available to keep track of your bibliographies and the papers you have read