From UABgrid Documentation
Revision as of 09:42, 24 August 2009 by Pavgi@uab.edu
Mac OS user notes
Open Source Software
MacPorts: Tool to access and install open-source software on the Mac OS X operating system.
- Microsoft Office 2008: Download ISO from UAB IT software library. The Mac OS X is able to do installation directly from an ISO file.
- Mozilla Firefox: Download and install Firefox from the Mozilla website
- LDAP for address book: Check UAB IT FAQ page for LDAP configuration settings.
Tips for getting Mac-friendly or otherwise
- Disable auto unzipping of Safari downloaded zip file: Safari automatically unzips downloaded zip file. You can disable it by Safari-Preferences -> General tab -> Uncheck 'Open safe files after downloading' . Also note that Safari/Mac does not show any window/prompt/status when the download starts.
- Changing Terminal window title: echo -n -e "\033]0; <your-title> \007"