This page is a Generic stub.
You can help by expanding this page..
LS-DYNA is a general-purpose finite element program capable of simulating complex real world problems. It is used by the automobile, aerospace, construction, military, manufacturing, and bioengineering industries. LS-DYNA is optimized for shared and distributed memory Unix, Linux, and Windows based, platforms, and it is fully QA'd by LSTC. The code's origins lie in highly nonlinear, transient dynamic finite element analysis using explicit time integration.
"Nonlinear" means at least one (and sometimes all) of the following complications:
- Changing boundary conditions (such as contact between parts that changes over time)
- Large deformations (for example the crumpling of sheet metal parts)
- Nonlinear materials that do not exhibit ideally elastic behavior (for example thermoplastic polymers)
"Transient dynamic" means analyzing high speed, short duration events where inertial forces are important. Typical uses include:
- Automotive crash (deformation of chassis, airbag inflation, seatbelt tensioning)
- Explosions (underwater Naval mine, shaped charges)
- Manufacturing (sheet metal stamping)
Project website: http://www.lstc.com/products/ls-dyna
Load SGE module
The following Modules files should be loaded for this package:
module load lstc/lsdyna