From UABgrid Documentation
Revision as of 23:23, 11 September 2012 by Curtish@uab.edu
Remote display from compute node
Example program: IGV
- Install & Launch X-Win on your desktop machine
- Windows: X-Win32 from UAB IT]
- connect to cheaha head node with X-forwarding:
ssh -X cheaha.uabgrid.uab.edu # check that "echo $DISPLAY" shows you something # check that "xterm" works
- allocate compute node with qlogin, with appropriate time/memory
- WARNING: if you run IGV on the cluster head-node, you will bring on the wrath of the cluster admins!!
# 4 hours, 6G RAM qlogin -l h_rt=0:04:00,vf=6G # check that "echo $DISPLAY" shows you something # check that "xterm" works
- launch IGV
# WARNING: run only on compute nodes, NEVER on head-node /share/apps/ngs-ccts/IGV/igv.sh # or /share/apps/ngs-ccts/IGV/igv6g # doesn't seem to give 6G ram...