Get a UAB Mathworks key
In order to download MATLAB software from the Mathworks web site, you must associate your MathWorks account with the UAB site license. This requires entering an activation code on the Mathworks site. You can get the activation code by following the steps below.
Please see the MATLAB application page for more information and a general overview of MATLAB and its use at UAB.
Steps to obtain UAB Mathworks key
- Request an activation key from the UAB software library page for faculty/staff and from UAB on the Hub for students. Please make sure to request the appropriate key (Faculty/staff or student) as the software are on different licenses.
- On the UAB software library site select Mathworks software from the list then click go if needed.
- On the software details page that appears click the appropriate link on the How to get it line.
- Log in with your Blazer ID and click on the PDF link to obtain the Activation Key.
you will be sent the activation key via email ( it may also be shown in your browser ).
Save this key. You will need it to install MATLAB or Simulink.
For more information about the site license see MATLAB#UAB_Mathworks_Site_License. If you need additional help, contact [Mathworks support] and tell them you are installing a software using a TAH license. Reference our license number: 678600.
MATLAB Support / Mailing List
As with any application or computer language, learning to use MATLAB to analyze data or to develop or modify MATLAB applications is an individual responsibility. There is ample application documentation available from the Mathworks website, potential outreach to colleagues who also use MATLAB, and options for consultation with Mathworks. Mathworks also host on-campus training seminars several times a year and provides many on-line learning tutorials.
Installation support for MATLAB at UAB is provided by your local IT support organization and the Docs wiki.
Your first and best option for application-specific questions on MATLAB is to refer to the on-line MATLAB documentation. The Mathworks site also provides a a support matrix and an on-line knowledge base.
UAB MATLAB Wiki
The MATLAB page on the Docs wiki is the starting point for installing MATLAB at UAB and, optionally, configuring it to use cluster computing. All users are encouraged to contribute to the MATLAB knowledge in this wiki, especially if you see areas where improvements are needed. Remember, this knowledge base is only as good as the people who contribute to it.
Contributing to the wiki is as easy as clicking the login link on the top-right of the page and signing in with your UAB BlazerID. If you are unsure about making an edit, you can make suggestions for improvement on the page's Discussion tab or discuss the proposed improvement in the MATLAB user group.
UAB MATLAB User Group
At UAB, MATLAB installation support is provided by your local IT support group. Support for application specific questions is available from peers in your research group. We realize that some people are not as familiar with MATLAB as others. For this reason, we have established a MATLAB user forum (mailing list) where users of MATLAB at UAB can help answer each others questions.
This is a network of volunteers sharing their knowledge with peers. You are encouraged to reach out to this community for questions on using MATLAB by
- Joining the MATLAB user group - alternately send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following text in the body of the email subscribe matlab-user
- After joining the group, you can email questions to the group via email@example.com
UAB MATLAB announce mailing list
To receive information about UAB's MATLAB license and announcements please subscribe to the matlab-annc mailing list by