CINL Brain Core is an arm of the Civitan International Neuroimaging Laboratory. The original "Visual Brain Core" was made possible by a generous grant from UAB's HSF/GEF grant program. Given that our resources ended up being used by a broader base of users than just vision researchers, we've dropped the "visual" from our name. Also, we're continuing our work in collaboration with UAB's Civitan International Neuroimaging Lab, and so we're officially the CINL Brain Core now.
CINL Brain Core Mission
Our mission is to help produce high quality, cutting edge research examining the visual brain. To achieve this, we will help investigators overcome some common barriers to performing high quality vision research, and provide forums to discuss new ideas and research techniques.
Information For CINL Brain Core
CINL Brain Core Personnel and Office Hours
- Ravi Tripathi, MS: Computer Systems Specialist. Consultation on high performance computing and algorithm issues.
- Office Hours:
- Monday, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Civitan International Research Center, Second floor lobby or room 235C.
- Thursday, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Civitan International Research Center, Room 235C.
CINL Brain Core Seminar Series and Neuroimaging Journal Club
Brain Core seminar series includes high level speakers usually from outside UAB. Every third Friday at noon in CIRC 120. We will discuss new ideas and techniques in brain imaging.
The Neuroimaging journal club is for UAB and Auburn researchers to share their work, or journal articles of their interest with our neuroimaging community. List of speakers in Visual Brain Core Seminar Series
For Use in Grant Proposals:
The CINL Brain Core is supported by users. For this reason, we ask that you include use of the Brain Core resources in the budget of your upcoming grants. Quotations from previous proposals are provided here: Grant Proposal Language.
Neuroimaging at UAB
UAB Neuroimaging Facilities
Equipment for collecting behavioral data during Neuroimaging
Neuroimaging and Systems Neuroscience Labs at UAB
(UAB folks, please let us know if your lab should be included on this list, or add more information about it!)
Here is a partial list of manuscripts that have resulted from CINL and Visual Brain Core resources.
Cluster Computing Environment at UAB: Cheaha
- Cheaha_GettingStarted - information on getting an account and learning about how to use the cluster
- Cheaha - background information on the cluster useful for grants and publications
UAB-Auburn University Collaboration for Neuroimaging
UAB & Auburn Neuroimaging Journal Club
- Neuroimaging journal Club. Every other Friday at noon, second floor CIRC. Contact Adrienne Lahti to get on the mailing list alahti at uab.edu
UAB Neuroimaging Tools and How-To's (requires blazer id)