- First you need an account created on stage.uabgrid.uab.edu.
- Connect to stage.uabgrid.uab.edu:
- You need a UABgrid certificate.
- From UABgrid CA, go to "Manage Your UABgrid User Certificate."
- Download the user key and certificate. Save them to Desktop as userkey.pem and usercert.pem.
- Make a .globus directory on stage and copy the files to it:
mv Desktop/user* .globus
ls -lc .globus
chmod 400 userkey.pem
- This will bring up a request for your GRID passphrase. Enter the passphrase that was used when the private key was created.
- The Swift website contains an excellent tutorial on scripting with Swift.