Simplified MATLAB Install
From UABgrid Documentation
Revision as of 17:17, 23 February 2011 by Mhanby@uab.edu
This is a stub. Please see the MATLAB application page for more information and a general overview of MATLAB and its use at UAB.
MATLAB Simplified Install
A quick sketch of the install:
- Download and install MATLAB
- Add the following content to the network.lic file in the installation
SERVER lmgr.uabgrid.uab.edu 27000 USE_SERVER
On Mac's this file is located in /Applications/MATLAB_R2010a.app/licenses/network.lic
- Error when starting MATLAB on a Red Hat / Fedora workstation
- "bin/glnxa64/MATLAB: error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
- Install the libXp package (this will require root privileges)
$ sudo yum install libXp