RC Day 2019
From UABgrid Documentation
Research Computing Day 2019: “Building Gateways to Science”
UAB IT Research Computing will be hosting its annual Research Computing Day on Monday, November 11, 2019 at the Edge of Chaos (4th floor of the Lister Hill Library).
This year, the theme will be building on UAB’s Research Computing community and infrastructure.
Please join us for Research Computing Day on Monday, November 11, 2019!
Please register for the event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/research-computing-day-2019-tickets-75052892221. Your timely registration is appreciated and will help us maintain an accurate head count for seating and lunch.
Please submit your poster abstracts in the form: https://forms.gle/rApGpdAQcDdf8TNu6
We encourage you to pass this invitation on to colleagues with interests in these topics.
Hope to see you there!
UAB Research Computing
- 08:30AM-09:00AM – Continental Breakfast
- 09:00AM-09:30AM – Welcome and Research Computing Update
09:30AM-11:30AM – Research Computing and Gateways to Science
- 09:30AM-10:15AM – Globus with Greg Nawrocki
- 10:15AM-10:45AM – Alabama Genomic Health Initiative with David Crossman
- 10:45AM-11:15AM – UK Biobank with Merry-Lynn Mcdonald
- 11:15AM-11:30AM – LabArchives with Kent Keyser
- 11:30AM-01:00PM – Lunch and Poster Competition
01:00PM-02:00PM – Lightning Talks
- Data Version Control with Jelai Wang
- Opportunities for Institutional Collaboration with Ralph Zottola
- Dev-Ops with OpenStack Arthur Weborg and Angelina Uno-Antonison
- Data Science Journal Club with Ravi Tripathi and William Monroe
- 02:00PM-02:30PM – Community Driven Idea Generation
- 02:30PM-02:45PM – Break
02:45PM-03:30PM – Breakout Sessions
- Globus API and Science Gateway Development with Greg Nawrocki
- Research Computing Community Breakout #1
- Research Computing Community Breakout #2
- 03:30PM-04:15PM – Report Out from Breakout Sessions
- 04:15PM-04:30PM – Closing Remarks