HPC user support list
From UABgrid Documentation
Revision as of 12:04, 17 October 2008 by Dls@uab.edu
- Dr. Jim Mobely (Surgey) potential caBIG user
- SSG users (Public Health)
- Dr. Jere Segrest
- Dr. Elliott L
- Dr. Eta Berner
- John Sandefur (CCC)
- Lynne Gauthier, Graduate Research Associate, Neuroimaging Lab, CI Therapy Research Group, University of Alabama - Birmingham, 857-998-7785, firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>. Just to give you an update, I got my account at ASA, so now am just waiting on the code to be sent. Unrelated to this, the lab is currently submitting a grant for a multisite randomized clinical trial with neuroimaging. This would entail collecting ~1,200 scans. We are wondering whether, given the large volume of data, the network would still be available to us for this project if funded. We realize that this is a very large amount of data and would not want to clog the resources. If this is a concern, would it be possible to contribute some additional computing resources to the network (so that we would not hog the current resources) and still have the benefit of using the computing network for processing? We would not require a storage solution for this data and would have a back-up data system already in place. Thanks.
- Christi Perkins, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Graduate Student, Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Alabama at Birmingham, (205) 996-4069. I am a graduate student in Dr. Edward Taub's lab along with Lynne Gauthier. I understand that you are helping her run some intensive codes through a university common computer cluster. I also have a computer code that I would very much appreciate your help with. On a regular computer it takes about two days to complete. On my laboratory computer (which is horribly out dated) it takes around 4 days per scan. I have around 40 scans which need to be analyzed using this code and I was hoping I could make use of the UAB cluster. I would love more information on how we could utilized these resources.
- Peter Hussey <email@example.com>, CPAS caBIG interface, Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:56:28 -0700