Box.com bulk transfer
From UABgrid Documentation
UAB has an Enterprise contract with Box.com, which is currently in BETA.
This page describes what we have learned about doing bulk-transfers of data.
Warning: size limitations
Box.com claims to have a 5G max filesize limit.
There was a rumor this would be increased in early 2016. Offically, this is all we know: https://community.box.com/t5/Managing-Your-Content/What-s-the-maximum-file-size-I-can-upload/ta-p/307
If you need to work around this, you can use the Linux "split" utility
| # chop file into 4G pieces |
| # record checksums of original and chunks|
Warning: time stamps
When using an FTP client to transfer data up, it is easy to lose both modification and creation timestamps. In particular, many clients will (optionally) preserve modification time, but few will (optionally) preserve creation date.
|SmartFTP||GUI/Win Only/$$||yes||can be enabled|
|fileZilla||GUI/linux+win/free||can be enabled||no|
Filezilla on create times
- request closed, no plans to fix: https://trac.filezilla-project.org/ticket/2347
lftp mirror -R example
- "mirror" copies directory hierarchies DOWN from box.com to local
- "mirror -R" copies directory hierarchies UP from local to box.com
- the box server frequently looses connection (fails) on particular files
- just re-run the "mirror -R" and it will upload only new/failed files..
| lftp ftp.box.com|
> user BLAZERID@uab.edu users_BOX_external_password
| cat > box_test.lftp << EOF|