2011 Research Computing Day Agenda
From UABgrid Documentation
Revision as of 10:04, 17 August 2011 by Dls@uab.edu
AGENDA for UAB 2011 Research Computing Day
September 15, 2011
UAB Hill University Center Auditorium
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 9:05 Welcome and Overview, David Shealy, PhD
- 9:10 - 9:45 Sustaining - and Growing - Research Computing Services at a Research I University, Ruth Marinshaw, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Research Computing, Information Technology Service, University of North Carolina, E-mail: email@example.com, Web: http://its.unc.edu/Research/index.htm
- 9:45 - 10:20 Title of talk to be provided: present research results of transcriptome/RNS-seq analysis, Jeremy Goecks, PhD, Research Fellow in the Taylor Lab at Emory University, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://bx.mathcs.emory.edu/
- 10:25 - 10:45 Coffee Break
- 10:45 - 11:15 UAB IT Research Computing Services Update, Bob Cloud, David Shealy, John-Paul Robinson
- 11:15 - 11:45 UAB IT Strategic Plan for Research Community, E. Douglas Rigney, PhD, PE, Interim Vice President for Information Technology, Professor, Biomedical Engineering, E-mail: email@example.com
- 11:45 - 1:30 Poster Session and Lunch - location to be determine ...Bharat, will you organize this session?
- 1:30 - 2:30 Campus Session -- organized three twenty minutes talks during each hour -- similar to last year.
- 2:30 - 2:50 Coffee Break
- 2:50 - 3:50 Campus Session -- organized three twenty minutes talks during each hour -- similar to last year.
- 4pm -- closing remarks/discussions of issues that need to be resolved.