Registering DN with SURAgrid VOMS
m (Asill@ttu.edu moved page Registering DN with SURAgrid VOMRS to Registering DN with SURAgrid VOMS: VOMRS service has been replaced with VOMS)
Latest revision as of 16:36, 28 March 2013
After your have received your personal grid certificate (the steps to obtaining a personal certificate can be found on the Requesting Personal Certificates page), you need to register your certificate's Distinguished Name (DN) with the SURAgrid Virtual Organization Membership Service (VOMS). The following steps need to be followed to carry out this registration:
- Using the same web browser into which you imported your grid certificate, point it to the SURAgrid VOMS server https://voms.hpcc.ttu.edu:8443/voms/suragrid.
- Fill in the following fields:
- First Name: Given Name
- Last Name: Family Name
- Your Institution: Institution
- Phone: Phone number
- Address: Address
- Email Address: Email address
- Read the policy and check the box of "I confirm I have read and agree with the terms expressed in the VO Acceptable Usage Policy document displayed above".
- Click on the Submit button.
You will receive an automated email from the VOMS server within minutes.
- Click the link in the email to confirm your membership request.
Then, the VO administrator will receive an email for approval. After your request is approved, you will receive an email indicating that your membership request for VO SURAgrid has been approved.
If you have fussy email filters, you could prep them to accept the automated messages. The From field on both is:
* From: SURAgrid-VO-Admin@ttu.edu
The first email has the subject:
* Subject: [VOMS Admin] Your membership request for VO suragrid
The second email has the subject:
* Subject: [VOMS Admin] Your vo membership request for VO suragrid has been approved