SURAgrid Community Calls
The SURAgrid Community Calls are help on the third Monday of the month from 2-3pm (Eastern). They cover topics of interest to the SURAgrid community and are meant to foster a shared understanding of our needs and potential directions technology directions. They feature work being done in the community at member institutions.
Previous Community Calls
- June 24, 2013 - Relaunch of monthly call series, general discussion of topics and ideas.
- September 16, 2013 - Galaxy web-based workflow manager for genetics domains
- October 21, 2013 - EMI Worflow Managment System (EMI-WMS) a general purpose worflow system
- November 18, 2013 - SURAgrid Cloud Options Working Group report and discussion
The following are the suggested call topics for the upcoming calls. They are intended to follow a theme of topics of interest to campus research computing support organizations"
- December 16, 2013 - XSEDE Campus Bridging update (Gary to recruit a speaker from XSEDE)
- January 20, 2013 - Martin Luther King Jr. Observed
- February 17, 2014 - InfiniBand
- March 17, 2014 - File systems series: Fraunhofer, http://www.fhgfs.com
- April 21, 2014 - File systems series: Luster+Hadoop, http://www.lustre.org
- May 19, 2014 - File systems series: Ceph+Hadoop, http://www.ceph.com